Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Spiced Dark Fruitcake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark molasses (not blackstrap)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 3 to 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 cups dried, unsulfured apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins, also known as sultanas
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup candied orange zest, coarsely chopped
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?