Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Sour-Cream Apple Crumb Pie
- FOR THE CRUST: all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1 1/4 cups kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening, cold
- 3 tablespoons to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3 Cortland, Empire, or McIntosh apples
- FOR THE FILLING: Granny Smith apples
- 1 pound fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- FOR THE TOPPING: ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
Directions:View on Real Simple
Why don't we display directions?