Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Snow-topped Holiday Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unsifted bleached all-purposed flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup thick, cultured sour cream
- 1 cup tightly packed sweetened flaked coconut
- Coconut Cream Frosting (see recipe below), without the addition of the sweetened flaked coconut, for topping the baked cupcakes
- About 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, to top the frosted cupcakes
- Bakeware needed:
- 8 jumbo muffin/cupcake cups (two pans each holding six individual muffin cups), each cup measuring 4 inches in diameter, 1 3/4 inches deep, with a capacity of about 1 1/8 cups (hs note: I used standard muffin pans. When I filled the cups 2/3 full, I got nice classic cupcakes. When I filled to the top I got big, jumbo-style cupcakes. Both were great, and plenty jumbo for me.)
- Nonstick cookware spray, for preparing the muffin/cupcake pans
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?