Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Smoked Trout Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup plus 4 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skin-on whole trout (about 3 to 4), rinsed and butterflied
- 2 cups hickory wood chips
- 8 quarts lump charcoal, plus more as needed
- Vegetable oil, for coating the fish
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?