Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Simplest Apple Pie
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar, plus optional extra for apples
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, softened
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Scant 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest (optional)
- Up to 2 tablespoons cold water, if needed
- About 3 tablespoons fine fresh bread crumbs (see Notes)
- 8 medium-to-large McIntosh apples (nearly 4 pounds) (see headnote)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 443kcal (22%)|
|Total Fat 20g (31%)|
|Saturated Fat 12g (60%)|
|Cholesterol 101mg (34%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 64g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|