Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Simple Farro & Bean Stew
- 1 pound / 16 oz / 453g red beans, soaked for at least 4 hours preferably overnight, then drained
- 10 cups / 2.5 liters water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 28 ounce / 800g can whole, peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 small-med (1/2 pound / 8 oz) new potatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cups / 13 oz / 370 g pearled farro
- 1 - 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- fine grain sea salt to taste
- 1/2 head / 9 oz savoy cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 bunch / 4 oz kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- Parmesan and olive oil to serve. Or do what I did with this bowl - whisk together a bit of leftover harissa and some olive oil for a spicier drizzle.
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?