Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Sichuan Beef Noodle Soup with Pickled Mustard Greens
- 5 pounds boneless beef shank
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into 1/3-inch-thick rounds, each smashed with flat side of knife
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili bean paste (Sichuan hot bean paste; dou ban jiang)
- 3 whole green onions, trimmed, plus 2 cups chopped green onions (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup (or more) soy sauce (do not use low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) salt
- 6 whole star anise
- 2 1 1/2-inch cubes Chinese yellow rock sugar (about 2 1/2 ounces) or 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 large plum tomatoes (about 8 ounces), each cut into 4 wedges
- Freshly ground white pepper or black pepper
- 1 pound eggless Chinese wheat noodles (Shandong la mian)
- 3 baby bok choy, each halved lengthwise, bottom 1 1/2 inches trimmed, rinsed (optional garnish)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?