Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Shrimp and Andouille Gumbo
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small cup onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 quart chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 pound fresh okra, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- About 2 teaspoons fil powder
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?