Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Shrimp Gumbo with Andouille Sausage
- 1/2 cup peanut oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 quart shellfish* or chicken stock, plus 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8-12 ounces smoked andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-5 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- File powder (optional)
- Hot sauce (such as Tabasco) to taste
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?