Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Sherry & almond Christmas cake
- 1kg bag mixed dried fruit (not one with cherries)
- zest and juice 2 large oranges
- 150ml PX (Pedro Ximenez) sherry , plus extra for feeding
- 250g pack butter , softened, plus extra for the tin
- 250g light muscovado sugar
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- 140g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 4 large eggs , beaten
- 140g whole almonds
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?