Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Shanghai-style braised pork
- 1 pork blade bone with rind, about 2kg/4lb, from a good butcher
- 1 small orange
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 dried red chillies
- 8 bok choi or Chinese leaves and plain boiled rice, to serve
- 600ml /1 pint Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1.2 litres/2 pints homemade chicken stock or good quality store bought
- 300ml / pint dark soy sauce
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 175g Chinese rock sugar or granulated sugar
- 8 slices fresh root ginger
- 6 garlic cloves , crushed
- 6 whole spring onions
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorn
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?