Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Seasoned Lentil Stew
- 1/2 cup (yellow pigeon peas) or dried yellow split peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind concentrate (preferably Tamicon brand)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground asafetida
- 1 medium boiling potato, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound okra or green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 small fresh green chile, such as serrano, Thai, or jalapeo, slit lengthwise with stem end intact
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons powder (see Cooks' Notes)
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?