Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Savory Black-Eyed Pea Pancakes (Poora)
- 1 1/4 cups dried black-eyed peas
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 - 3 fresh green or red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup water and more as needed
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- sesame oil for frying
- Instructions: Rinse the black-eyed peas and soak for 14 hours or longer covered in several inches of water. Drain and add to a blender or food processor, and add the lime zest, ginger, chilies and mint. Blend or process, adding the water gradually, until the mixture is smooth and blended. Now add the flour, spices and salt, and process for another few minutes, stirring to distribute the batter ingredients. You will want to ensure that the beans are especially well incorporated. The batter should be smooth and fluffy and of pouring consistency. Add more water if necessary.
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?