Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Saved by red beans and rice
- 16 oz. red beans, soaked
- 1 tablespoon of bacon grease (can substitute canola or olive oil if you prefer)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound of andouille sausage, cubed
- 1/2 cup of parsley, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- Cayenne, salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 8 cups of chicken broth or water
- 4 green onions, green part chopped (save the white for another use)
- 6 cups of cooked rice
Directions:View on Homesick Texan
Why don't we display directions?