Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Salt-Roasted Turkey with Lemon and Oregano
- 1/3 cup coarse kosher salt (preferably Diamond Crystal brand)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 14- to 16-pound turkey; neck, heart, and gizzard reserved for Ultimate Turkey Stock
- 3 lemons, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups Ultimate Turkey Stock or low-salt chicken broth, divided
- Greek-Inspired Fresh Oregano and Giblet Pan Gravy
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?