Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Salsa Verde Carnitas
- 3 1/2 pounds pork butt (pork shoulder)
- 2 cups salsa verde, bottled, canned, or homemade
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teas dried)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas, heated and softened
- 1/4 head of cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar (if you only have unseasoned, add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to it)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija Mexican farmer's cheese, or some grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Crema fresca, crema Mexican, or sour cream
- Chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?