Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Royal Game Soup
- FOR THE STOCK
- 1 lb Pheasant or grouse carcasses
- 1 lb Venison bones
- Seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Two chopped carrots.
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped.
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 black peppercorns, roughly ground
- 1 small bunch of parsley stalks and celery leaves, chopped
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE ROYAL GAME SOUP
- 2.4 litres (4 pints) stock (from above)
- 900g (2lb) Game Bones or Carcasses (hare, rabbit, pheasant, partridge, grouse, venison)
- 450g (1lb) Left-over Meat, shredded (pheasant, grouse, venison)
- 2-3 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Leeks, chopped
- 2 Rashers Bacon, chopped
- 25g (1oz) Butter
- 2 Sticks Celery, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Small Parsnip, chopped
- Bouquet of Fresh Herbs (Basil, Parsley, Thyme, Bay leaves, Rosemary and Tarragon)
- 12 Black Peppercorns
- 4 Cloves finely chopped
- 1 glass Port
- Salt to taste
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?