Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Rombauer Jam Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 taspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 1 cup packed (hs note: dark!) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup raspberry or blackberry jam
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- For the quick brown-sugar icing:
- 1 1/2 cups (hs note: dark!) brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?