Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Roasted Onion Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 large leeks, white bulb only, washed, and cut into 1/2-inch thick rings
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 whole sprigs thyme plus 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups low sodium beef or vegetable stock
- One 4 inch piece Parmigiano Reggiano cheese rind
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 cibatta or baguette type bread cut into1/2-inch thick slices
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?