Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Rice Pilaf with Chick Peas
- ½ pound dried chick peas, rinsed, picked over, and soaked at least 3 hours, or overnight (or use 3 cups canned chick peas, drained)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 ounces smoked slab bacon, rind removed, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ cups long-grain white rice
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 304kcal (15%)|
|Total Fat 7g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (9%)|
|Cholesterol 7mg (2%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|