Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Red velvet cake
- few sweets to decorate, we used jelly hearts from a sweet shop (optional)
- 250g butter , plus extra for greasing
- 200g dark chocolate , broken into chunks
- 500g plain flour
- 500g golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200g natural yogurt
- 400g cooked beetroot in natural juices (not vinegar)
- 4 tbsp or 2 x 28ml bottle red food colouring (optional- a natural liquid colouring will not work; we used Scarlett Langdale)
- 200g full-fat soft cheese , at room temperature
- 250g butter , softened
- 400g icing sugar , sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?