Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Red Lentil Dal
- 1 cup red lentils (orange lentils will work as well)
- 3 cups water
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed, vegetable, canola or other high-heat oil
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped and made into a paste*
- 2 teaspoons of Bengali five spice mix (panch phoron) or 1/2 tsp black (or white) sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, and (if available) 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 lime, juiced (equal to about 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice)
- 8 sprigs cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped
- Cooked basmati rice, optional
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?