Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Real Deal Pancetta and Pork Rag
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into a small dice
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- One 28 ounce can tomato puree
- One 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- InstructionsLine a plate with paper towels; set aside. Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 6 minutes. If the pancetta lets off a lot of fat, discard all but 3 tbsp of drippings. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon to the prepared plate and set aside.
Directions:View on Whats Gaby Cooking
Why don't we display directions?