Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Rajasthani Buttermilk Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (hs note: I used clarified butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 large or 2 medium scallions, trimmed, sliced lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch lengths
- 1 green cayenne chile, minced (hs note: the serrano I had on hand was a reasonable substitute)
- 1/4 water, if using yogurt
- 1 cup plain (full-or-reduced fat) yogurt OR 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2/3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (hs note: also known as cilantro)
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?