Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Puy Lentils with Spices and Tamarind
- 1 cup Puy lentils, or any other lentil you have on hand
- 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 - 3 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of asafetida (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 5 - 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or other sweetener (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh parsley for garnish
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?