Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pumpkin & pecan strudel
- 1kg/2lb 4 oz pumpkin or butternut squash (peeled weight- 1 medium pumpkin or 1 large butternut squash), deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 140g soft light brown sugar , plus extra for sprinkling
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg , beaten, tbsp reserved for glazing
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- good grating nutmeg
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 85g butter , melted
- 100g pecans , chopped, 1 tbsp reserved for the top
- maple syrup , to serve
- cream or custard , to serve (optional)
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?