Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Prune, Apple, and Chestnut Bread Pudding
- 3 cups 1/2-inch cubes firm white bread
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound tart green apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups jarred peeled whole chestnuts (about 14 ounces)
- 1 cup 3/4-inch cubes peeled celery root (celeriac)
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry Sherry
- 1 1/2 cups low-salt chicken brothc
- 1 cup (packed) pitted whole prunes
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?