Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Provenal Short Ribs with Olives and Herbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pounds short ribs (not cross-cut flanken)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups full-bodied red wine, such as Ctes du Rhne or Bordeaux
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) pitted kalamata olives, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 navel orange
- Polenta, noodles, or potatoes
- A wide 6- to 8-quart heavy pot with a tight-fitting lid (for an alternative, see Cooks' Notes)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?