Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pot-roasted brisket in beer with parsnips & mushrooms
- 1-1.25kg/2.25-2.75lb boned and rolled brisket
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- large knob of butter
- 2 large onions , halved and sliced
- 2-3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 200-250g/8-9oz large flat mushrooms , stalks chopped and heads thinly sliced
- 500-550ml bottle brown ale or stout
- a few fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 500g parsnips , cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh parsley or thyme , to serve
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?