Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pot Roast in Rich Gravy
- 1/4 cup matzoh cake meal
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, divided
- 1 (4 1/2-to 5-pound) beef chuck roast, tied
- 1 large onion (about 1 pound), coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 large carrots (about 1/2 pound), coarsely chopped
- 2 medium parsnips (about 1/2 pound), coarsely chopped
- 2 cups full-bodied red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 5 full sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (3-inch long) cinnamon stick
- Fresh horseradish root, peeled and finely grated for serving (optional)
- a 6- to 7-quart-wide heavy pot with lid
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?