Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pork Stew with Sweet & Hot Peppers from the Abruzzo
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 fresh hot chile pepper (jalapo or serrano), chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon chile pepper flakes, plus more as needed
- One 28-ounce can crushed plum tomatoes with juice
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into large dice
- Red wine vinegar (optional)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?