Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pork Stew with Hard Cider, Pearl Onions, and Potatoes
- 30 1-inch-diameter pearl onions (from two 10-ounce bags)
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon (preferably applewood-smoked), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt) or boneless country ribs, external fat trimmed, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped shallots (about 4 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsnips
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Calvados (apple brandy; optional)
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 12-ounce bottle hard apple cider*
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled baby red potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter), scrubbed, halved
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?