Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pork Shoulder Braised with Apples
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 6 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Calvados or other apple-flavored brandy
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider, preferably fresh
- 2 tablespoons (or more) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tart, firm apples (such as Pink Lady or Honeycrisp), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh chives
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?