Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Porcini-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Butter Sauce
- 1 (6- to 6 1/2-pound) whole beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat, silverskin, and the chain (see Cooks' Notes); or a 5- to 5 1/2-pound well-trimmed tenderloin roast
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 ounce (about 1/2 cup) dried porcini mushrooms, ground to a powder in a blender
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) black-truffle butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, trimmed and quartered into wedges
- 3 cups beef stock or low-sodium broth, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion greens
- Kitchen string; large heavy roasting pan; instant-read thermometer
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?