Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Poppy Seed Pound Cake with Plum Pluot Compote
- 2 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, warmed in very warm water 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half at room temperature 30 minutes
- 2 pounds firm-ripe plums and pluots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon
- , divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Accompaniment: lightly sweetened whipped creamAccompaniment: lightly sweetened whipped cream
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?