Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Polish Hunters Stew
- 1 ounce dried porcini or other wild mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp bacon fat or vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 head cabbage (regular, not savoy or red), chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1-2 pounds kielbasa or other smoked sausage
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 pound fresh Polish sausage (optional)
- 1 25-ounce jar of fresh sauerkraut (we recommend Bubbies, which you may be able to find in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket)
- 1 bottle of pilsner or lager beer
- 1 Tbsp juniper berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 Tbsp dried marjoram
- 20 prunes, sliced in half (optional)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp mustard or horseradish (optional)
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?