Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Poached Shrimp with Sour Cream Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of coarse kosher salt
- 8 uncooked unpeeled large shrimp
- dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon prepared white horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Coarse kosher salt
- Whole fresh chives (for garnish)
- Directions1. Fill medium bowl with ice water; set aside. Combine 2 cups water, wine, and next 4 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Add shrimp; reduce heat to low, cover, and poach just until shells are pink and shrimp are opaque in center, 3 to 4 minutes. 2. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl with ice water; reserve poaching liquid and lemon half. Drain and peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?