Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Poached Pear and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups fruity red wine , such as Zinfandel
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 medium dried bay leaf
- 3-1/2-inch fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 medium firm Bosc pears
- 1 tablespoon poaching liquid
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups mixed escarole and frise , torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts , toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces piccante blue cheese , crumbled
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?