Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pippin Apple Pie with Hazelnut Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons frozen lard or solid vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 3 1/2 pounds Pippin or Granny Smith apples (about 6 large), peeled, cored, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (scant) ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?