Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pineapple-Braised Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled (from 1 medium head)
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely grated fresh ginger (from about a 5-inch piece)
- 1 1/2 cups naturally sweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup sake or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium jicama, very thinly sliced into 1-1/2-by-2-inch pieces
- 1/4 medium pineapple, very thinly sliced into 1-1/2-by-2-inch pieces
- 20 sweet Hawaiian rolls, split in half horizontally and toasted
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?