Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pierce Street Vegetarian Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 8 small/med garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper (from can or rehydrate), minced
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned is fine)
- 2 1/4 cups black, brown, or green lentils (or combo), rinsed and picked over
- 2/3 cup pearled barley or pearled farro
- 2/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or to taste)
- toppings (opt): a bit of chopped serranos, a bit of feta or dollop of thinned out salted yogurt, a drizzle of equal parts chopped fresh oregano and olive oil, chopped onion
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?