Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Persimmon Bread with Bourbon, Dates, and Walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground mace (I substituted freshly grated nutmeg)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups sugar (I used 2 cups)
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter and cooled to room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup brandy or bourbon (I used bourbon)
- 2 cups persimmon pure (from 4-5 very ripe Hachiya persimmons)
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups raisins (I used chopped dates)
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?