Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pears Poached in Gewurztraminer with Tahitian Vanilla and Ginger
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) good-quality Gewürztraminer wine
- 1 cup water, preferably filtered or still spring water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 plump Tahitian vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- One (1½-inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced in ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 medium-sized, ripe but firm pears, such as Bartlett or Anjou; or 10 to 12 small firm dessert pears, such as Sugar, Seckel or Forelle
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, to serve
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 161kcal (8%)|
|Total Fat 0g (0%)|
|Saturated Fat 0g (0%)|
|Cholesterol 0mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|