Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Pear, Almond, and Dried-Cherry Brown Betty
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons poire Williams (clear pear brandy) or regular brandy
- 6 5x4-inch slices white sandwich bread with crust (such as buttermilk bread), torn into pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 21/2 pounds firm but ripe pears (such as Bosc or Bartlett), peeled, halved, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vanilla ice cream
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?