Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Patchwork orchard pie
- 1kg mix of quinces , cooking apples and pears (we used 5 Bramley apples, 2 Conference pears and 2 quinces), peeled, cored and sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 vanilla pod , split lengthways, seeds scraped out
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- juice 1 lemon
- 100g golden caster sugar , plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- 375g pack sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg , beaten
- custard , to serve (optional)
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?