Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Paprika Veal Shanks
- 2 large onions, chopped (3 cups)
- 1 pound Cubanelle peppers (Italian green frying peppers; 4 large), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can plum tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian or regular paprika (not hot)
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (28 fl ounces)
- 8 meaty cross-cut veal shanks (ossobuco; 7 to 7 1/2 pounds total), tied
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounces) container sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Equipment: a 15-by 13-by 3-inch flameproof heavy roasting pan
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?