Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 4 ounces fettuccine-width rice stick noodles (or fettecine!)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 small head Napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 pound peeled shrimp, pressed tofu (or shredded cooked chicken!)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or chopped mint and flat leaf parsley!)
- 2 limes, quartered.
- Directions1. Put noodles in a large bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let sit until noodles are just tender; check every 5 minutes or so to make sure they do not get too soft. (Or if using fettecine, cook according to package directions.) Drain, drizzle with one tablespoon peanut oil to keep from sticking and set aside. Meanwhile, put tamarind paste, fish sauce, honey and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and bring just to a simmer. Stir in red pepper flakes and set aside.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?