Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Oxtail Soup with Onions and Barley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 pounds oxtails or beef shanks
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 12 small cipolline or pearl onions
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepared cornbread (for serving)
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?