Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Onion Soup Les Halles Recipe
- 6 ounces butter
- 8 large onions (or 12 small onions), thinly sliced
- 2 ounces port wine
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 quarts dark chicken stock, or low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 4 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 baguette croutons (sliced and toasted in the oven with a little olive oil)
- 12 ounces grated Gruyre cheese (real, imported Gruyre!)
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?