Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 1½ lbs or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3 Tb butter
- 1 Tb oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown)
- 3 Tb flour
- 2 quarts boiling brown stock, canned beef bouillon, or 1 quart of boiling water and 1 quart of stock or bouillon
- ½ cup dry white wine or dry white vermouth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tb cognac
- Rounds of hard-toasted French bread (see below)
- 1 to 2 cups grated Swiss or Parmesan cheese
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 376kcal (19%)|
|Total Fat 11g (16%)|
|Saturated Fat 7g (33%)|
|Cholesterol 22mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|